Alright now, we’re not implying anything. We can’t even see you. But hey, it’s about that time – for all of us. The battle of the belt’s the main event. Our somewhat fickle post-holiday weather has strongarmed us into entertaining our comfort food kick instead of starting on the healthy choices we need to make to get ready for spring. Not nice.
It’s time for a dietary intervention. Here’s the GRANDADDY SUPERFOOD SHOPPING LIST to get you in gear for the new you. We were super-excited when we found this list, because you can find just about ALL of these foods here at Constantino’s (as long as they’re available to us).
Just pull it up on your phone, come in, start shopping. You can do it!
All of these foods are really delicious, energy-giving, nutrient powerhouses that pack large doses of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants & polyphenols which help you rev up your calorie burn & curb your cravings - to help you shed those pounds. You’ll be fighting disease in the process, and you’ll feel great when you start mixing them into your diet.
So really, what are you waiting for? What, do you not like feeling great or something? Just grab your phone, and get here.
We’ve got just about everything but the gojiberries (they’re kind of tough to get to outside of Asia
- GOGI BERRIES
- WHEAT PASTA
- ALMOND BUTTER
- PARMESAN CHEESE
- APRICOTS Learn more
- ARTICHOKES Find out more
- ASPARAGUS learn more
- AVOCADOS Read more
- BANANAS Learn more
- BEANS Read more
- BEETS Find out more
- BELL PEPPERS Find out more
- BERRIES Find out what berries can do for you here.
- BROCCOLI Find out more
- BRUSSEL SPROUTS Learn more
- CABBAGE more
- CANTALOUPE more
- CARROTS Click for more
- CAULIFLOWER More info
- CHERRIES Preserve your brain and heart health. Cherries may be credited with slowing down the aging process and even with ending insomnia Learn more
- CHIA SEEDS Learn more
- DARK CHOCOLATE Find out more
- EGGS Full of protein and extremely versatile, eggs are rich in nutrients and can help you to tackle a number of health problems and encourage weight loss Learn more
- FISH Find out more
- FLAX Learn more
- GARLIC Learn more
- GRAPES They may strengthen your eyes, help with circulation, fight cancer & kidney stones Read more
- GREEN TEA 1 cup a day may help lose weight and battle against strokes and prevent or fight other diseases
- HOT PEPPERS may aid in weight loss by increasing your metabolism, help with digestion, an improved immune system, and better blood circulation
- KALE Has powerful antioxidant qualities -high amounts of phyto-chemicals that may help in preventing macular degeneration and cataracts
- LEMON/LIME They may fight everything from cancer to the common cold
- LOW-FAT YOGURT May help with increased bone strength, lower cholesterol, a better immune system and better digestion & fight ulcers
- MANGOS May help strengthen your memory, digestion, and prevent other diseases
- MUSHROOMS May help control blood pressure and lower your cholesterol
- NUTS Easy to snack on or pack when heading out to the museums in the areas – loaded with healthy fats -walnuts in particular may be great for lowering cholesterol & improving memory Learn more
- OATS Oats are well-known for their possible cholesterol lowering abilities, may also improve the condition of your skin & help fight diabetes
- OLIVE OIL Olive oil is a staple -strengthens the heart, fights diabetes & helps with weight loss
- ORANGES May strengthen your immune system & strengthen your heart
- PAPAYA A nutritional powerhouse – will leave your skin looking fabulous, too
- PEACHES Great for digestion and constipation
- PINEAPPLE To strengthen your digestion and your bones and aid with weight loss
- PUMPKIN Tons of fiber and may control blood pressure and normalize heart function
- POMEGRANATES Up to 7 times the amount of antioxidants of green tea, may also fight cancer, and reduce blood pressure & bad cholesterol
- QUINOA This “supergrain” is high in fiber, filled with protein, and offers a pleasant nutty flavor. It cooks up like rice and is naturally gluten free Learn more
- RICE (BROWN) Not only is it a very low allergen food, it may also protect your heart and fight diabetes, kidney stones and other dieases
- SPINACH Popeye was onto something – spinach may help fight cancer, improve your cardiovascular health and improve brain function
- SPIRULINA Loaded with essential vitamins & nutrients
- SPROUTS Total body nourishment, so many essential nutrients fit into these tasty baby plants
- SWEET POTATOES A fantastic carb that may protect your vision, encourage a good mood & keep your bones strong
- SWISS CHARD Related to spinach & beets and packs quite a nutritional punch
- TOMATOES These fabulous orbs may be big time cancer fighters! They also help battle high cholesterol.
- WATER 8 glasses of water every day – it helps you lose weight, keep your skin in great condition and help you battle kidney stones. we have ALLLL kinds of water varieties at Constantino’s
- WATERMELON May be a fabulous aid for weight loss, lowering cholesterol, avoiding strokes & controlling your blood pressure
- WHEAT GERM May help fight colon cancer, keep things “moving smoothly” and help your digestion
- WILD-CAUGHT SALMON Wild salmon provides oodles of omega-3 essential fatty acids, a crucial bit of nutrition for us human, and B3 and B12 which contribute to a healthy metabolism
- WINTER SQUASH May help lower blood pressure and even help with post-workout recovery
* Stay connected with ConstantinosMarket.com/blog for more food for thought, beverage talk and other interesting & insightful chatter.
(*You know we’re not doctors, dietitians, or nutritionists. Wait, that’s not entirely true, come to think of it. But no information on this post is meant to replace or be construed as qualified or proven medical advice from your own doc. But you already knew that and legally we just have to disclaim it List & images courtesy of Self & SKinny MS and their affiliate site partners.